Friday, October 31, 2014

Keeping the Sugar Monster at Bay

You know those days....the ones where you would pretty much jump someone and pry a piece of chocolate out of their unsuspecting fingers?

Yeah. I have them. The days when the urge for chocolate is so great that it makes me crazy. The days where going for a walk, working out, doing something else to forget about it is just laughable. There are days it doesn't work.

So what is  a girl who is trying to lose a few pounds to do?

This is totally where I have found Shakeology to be at total life saver. Not only does it help eliminate some of those I-will-cut-you-for-chocolate-days but it when those days do happen, it totally tames that monster. My goto shakeo recipe is Tropical Strawberry with the juice of half a lemon (Love!) but some days I just need some chocolate.

Here are some of my favorite (and my team's favorite) recipes to satisfy that chocolate craving.


Cinnamon Chocolate


Now cinnamon and chocolate are not a traditional pairing here in the US but wow is it yummy (And if you are a lover of all things spicy I encourage you to try adding all kinds of heat to your chocolate.) For me, cinnamon and ginger are about as spicy as I get. This is one of my chocolate go to recipes:

8-10 oz of almond milk or water

1 scoop of chocolate (or vegan chocolate) shakeology

1 TBS nut butter (I use almond)

Cinnamon to taste (for me this means a lot of cinnamon)

Blend well and serve over ice




Twix Shakeology


Twix is one of those candy options that make me crazy. Chocolate plus caramel is the best.


1/2 scoop of choco shakeology 

1/2 scoop of vanilla shakeology

 1 teaspoon of caramel extract

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 

1/3 cup of almond milk 

2/3 cups of water 

Ice to taste 

Blend well and serve with a sprinkle of graham crackers on top.  





Sea Salt Caramel Shakeology 



Because caramel is really and truly my downfall......

A pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt


A drop or two of Caramel Extract

1/2 C of Almond Milk Unsweetened

3/4 C of water

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology

Ice to taste

Shake in a shaker cup or blend and enjoy


Peanut Butter Cup Shakeology 


Now I don't do peanuts but this is a favorite among almost everyone but me. (And great for when you really  just want to sneak a Reeses pumpkin)



1 Scoop, Chocolate Shakeology
1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter or PB2
1-2 cups of water, almond milk, or low-fat milk
3-4 ice cubes

Blend and serve over ice




Want to totally indulge and eat your peanut butter cup instead of drink them? Is the picture above making you need to have a peanut butter cup right now? Check out this recipe from the Shakeology blog here


For more information on shakeology click here or feel free to contact me! Want to try Shakeology without the 30 day investment? Check out the side panel where you can order individual samples or 7 day kits! 

Here's to your health and happiness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...